Have you heard of Jet.com yet? A month after launch, it has already become the 4th Largest Marketplace in US. (Techcrunch) If you are an eCommerce business and you already sell your products on platforms like Amazon and Ebay, you will want to continue reading this.
Jet.com’s promise to its users is basic; they research and find the best deals from manufacturers and merchants and pass the savings to the consumer. They also plan on charging the users an annual fee to take advantage of this service.
So, what does this mean for you if you are an eCommerce business and you are the manufacturer or the distributor of your own products? Jet.com has the capability to become another Amazon.com and/or possibly compete with Ebay and Amazon. So, it makes sense to get your products listed on Jet.com and get in early.
However, there’s a problem. Jet.com does not provide a DIY (Do It Yourself) Seller UI like Amazon and Ebay. The only way to push your products to Jet.com is through their API. (Application Programming Interface) This basically means that unless you are an experienced programmer, you will not be able to do this. At Optimum7, we were successfully able to integrate Volusion, Shopify, Bigcommerce and Magento eCommerce Systems with Jet.com’s API, which would allow anybody to be able to list their products on Jet.com.
An API allows for integration between two systems. Here’s how this process would work:
- You provide us with your Shopping Cart API Credentials. (username, password, API Key)
- You also provide us with your Jet.com account credentials.
- We give you instructions to select which products you would like to list on Jet.com. You basically do this by using a custom product field called “Jet.com” in your eCommerce system. Every product defined as a “yes” in that field, can be pushed to your Jet.com account.
- Our code connects to your eCommerce site every 4 hours and pulls the products that you identified as “Jet.com” products, maps them with the necessary fields on Jet.com RETS API and pushes them to Jet.com.
This integration will allow you to list your products on Jet.com and can also check for new products daily. You can also create rules such as:
- List all items with a price of over $20 on Jet.com
- List all items in a specific category on Jet.com
- List all items that have at least a 35% profit margin on Jet.com
Do not miss this opportunity to be one of the first businesses to be listed on Jet.com. Optimum7 can integrate this functionality for you. Contact us for more details. You can also see a wide array of custom functionalities we have developed here.